Organizational Effectiveness Inventory®
Research and Development by Robert A. Cooke, Ph.D.
Based on the How Culture Works Model, the Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI) complements the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI®) by measuring the Causal Factors (Levers for Change) that shape culture and the Outcomes of culture at the individual, group, and organizational levels.
The OEI provides an actionable, impactful, and research-based alternative to employee attitude and opinion surveys, linking climate and culture in terms of:
- What people experience and perceive as members of the organization
- The impact this has on what they believe is expected of them (norms and culture)
- How culture in turn leads to important outcomes at the individual level (e.g., engagement), the group level (e.g., teamwork), and the organizational level (e.g., adaptability and quality)
This comprehensive survey, particularly when used in conjunction with the OCI®, assesses the most important internal factors and conditions likely to impact organizational performance and sustainability.
Together, the OCI® and the OEI provide a complete picture of the case for change and the levers for change. With the OCI® measuring Ideal and Current Culture and the OEI measuring organizational practices and outcomes, clear reasons and strategies emerge for initiating and guiding change and development.
Unique characteristics of the Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI)
- Integrates with the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI®) to provide a complete and integrated “map” of organizational culture and effectiveness
- Based on years of research on the factors that influence cultural styles and the outcomes of culture
- Takes the guesswork out of change by enabling consultants and leaders to identify specific and relevant levers for cultural transformation
- Meets academic and psychometric standards and provides norms and benchmarks based on a research sample (rather than on skewed client data)
- Part of the Integrated Diagnostic System, which visually links individual, manager, leader, team, and organization behaviors with the Human Synergistics International Circumplex
Interested In Using The OEI?
Contact us for information on product pricing and/or consulting and coaching services. (Online ordering is not available.)
The OEI requires accreditation from Human Synergistics before materials can be purchased. Click here for more information about accreditation with the Culture Workshop.
The Culture Accreditation Program is preapproved for HRCI recertification credit hours.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the activity. It means that this activity has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.