Customer Service Styles™
Research and development by Robert A. Cooke, Ph.D. and J. Clayton Lafferty, Ph.D.
We all know that customer service is one of the fundamental drivers of organizational success — but how often do you ask your customers (both internal and external) what they really think?
Customer ServiceStyles (CSS) does it for you, providing you with deep insights into how your team treats customers and how this behavior in turn affects the customers’ experience, attitudes, and future buying intentions.
How it works
You simply ask your to customers to complete CSS, answering questions that cover:
- your team’s approach to their work and their interactions with the customers
- customer satisfaction (including whether their expectations have been met)
- customer loyalty (including whether they intend to use your products or services again)
- customer advocacy (including whether they’d recommend your organization to others)
The data collected in the survey is processed electronically and you receive a full report with the results and recommendations. A Human Synergistics consultant then guides you through the findings and the steps needed to improve the customer service experience.
CSS is available online and on almost any digital device, as well as in hard copy.
CSS is most effective when partnered with the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI®) and Organizational Effectiveness Inventory®. Together, they create a complete picture of your internal culture and service quality, and the relationships between the two.
The Benefits for your organization
CSS provides you with invaluable information that you can use to boost the quality of service delivered by your representatives, agents, and others who deal directly with your customers. Ultimately, it strengthens your organization’s profitability, sustainability, and credibility in the marketplace.
CSS is particularly valuable for:
- discovering why your customers are satisfied or dissatisfied
- gauging the extent to which your organization is living up to its mission and brand promises
- understanding the impacts of your organization’s culture on customer service
- validating the need for change
- monitoring and evaluating customer service initiatives
Combine the results of the CSS (with its customer focus) with those of the OCI (staff) and you’ll have a persuasive business case for cultural and customer service transformation.
Make CSS part of your drive for change
An experienced Human Synergistics consultant can help you use CSS and achieve service excellence throughout your organization. Simply contact us to find a consultant who’s right for you.
If you would like to know more about Customer ServiceStyles, or any of our wide range of assessments, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist you.