Management Effectiveness Profile System™
Research and development by the Human Synergistics Research team.
Effective management requires the mastery of skills in a variety of areas that, in complementary ways, contribute to continued performance and success. One of the best ways to gauge a manager’s effectiveness is to request feedback from the people with whom the manager works.
By measuring performance from both the participant’s point of view and the views of at least three associates, the Management Effectiveness Profile System (MEPS) accurately evaluates a manager’s current performance in fundamental skill areas. The 360 degree feedback allows you to identify strengths and specific development needs for targeted improvement.
How it works
The Management Effectiveness Profile System includes two parallel forms measuring task, interpersonal, and personal skills:
- The MEPS Self-Description Inventory is completed by each individual manager and measures performance from the participant’s point of view.
- The MEPS Description-by-Others Inventory is completed by at least three associates (direct reports, peers, bosses) to provide an accurate, outside view of the manager’s effectiveness.
The inventories take approximately 25 to 35 minutes to complete. Results are presented in a detailed report that includes historical averages and an extensive guide for self-development.
The Management Effectiveness Profile System inventories are available online on almost any digital device as well as in hard copy format.
The Management Effectiveness Profile System complements the personal styles-based tools, such as the Life Styles Inventory™ for further development of management effectiveness. MEPS can be followed up with Management/Impact® to guide managers in developing more Constructive cultures.
The benefits for your organization
The Management Effectiveness Profile System provides managers with straightforward and easy-to-use feedback to guide their self-development activities.
Particularly appropriate for mid- to upper-level managers as well as those in entry-level positions preparing to move into more demanding roles, the Management Effectiveness Profile System can be used to:
- Provide managers with a balanced perspective of their strengths and development opportunities using 360 degree feedback
- Identify the training and development needs of the management team with skills-based feedback
- Create a personalized, self-directed development program
- Initiate and monitor managers’ task and interpersonal skills as well as personal development
- Improve interpersonal relationships to enhance team and organizational performance
Make the Management Effectiveness Profile System part of your drive for change
A Human Synergistics consultant can guide you through the 360 degree feedback provided by the Management Effectiveness Profile System and support your personalized development program. Simply contact us to find a consultant who’s right for the individuals, teams, and organizations you’re working with. If you would like to know more about the Management Effectiveness Profile System, or any of our wide range of assessments, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist you.