Life Styles Inventory™ Assessment
Research and development by Robert A. Cooke, Ph.D. and J. Clayton Lafferty, Ph.D.
Before (and beyond) Emotional Intelligence: The Life Styles Inventory (LSI) tool has helped millions of people understand and change their thinking and behavioural styles to increase their effectiveness. As one of the first self-development assessments based on a circumplex and providing 360-degree feedback, the LSI has been referenced in numerous books, blog posts, journals, and newspapers, including the Journal of Applied Psychology and The Wall Street Journal.
Designed for managers, leaders, students, and those in professional and technical roles, the LSI empowers people to actualize their potential and contribute to the success of their organisation. It’s particularly valuable for helping individuals:
- discover new and/or different ways of thinking and behaving
- increase effectiveness in their roles
- reduce and cope better with stress and the effects of pressure and change
- achieve self-set goals
- think more creatively
- improve interpersonal skills and relationships
- increase their overall satisfaction and well-being
- focus on personal strengths, blind spots, and stumbling blocks
How the LSI tool works
LSI training and feedback is based on two parallel lifestyle inventory questionnaires:
- LSI 1 (self description): Individual participants describe their thinking styles, personal effectiveness, and satisfaction at work and home.
- LSI 2 (description by others): Up to 12 peers, managers, and direct reports provide 360-degree feedback on each individual’s behavioural styles and effectiveness.
The results and recommendations are then presented to each individual in a confidential, comprehensive report. The LSI assessment report includes feedback on 12 important thinking and behavioural styles, as well as confirmed and unrecognised strengths, blind spots, and stumbling blocks.
Make the LSI part of your change journey
- The LSI self-description and/or 360-degree feedback assessments are best facilitated by a coach or training specialist qualified to use the tools. An accredited and experienced Human Synergistics consultant can help your leaders and team members interpret the Life Styles Inventory analysis and create a plan for self-development. Contact us via the form below and we’ll recommend a consultant who’s right for you and your organisation.
- You can ‘do it yourself’ by getting accredited in the LSI. This will ensure you have the information and skills to administer the LSI assessment, interpret the feedback, and design and implement improvement strategies. To get started, contact us below and/or register for an upcoming accreditation workshop.
- If you’re personally interested in individual development around the LSI, check out Leadership Beyond Management, a one-week course at UW-Madison’s Center for Professional and Executive Development.
The LSI assessment is available online as well as in paper format, and we look forward to assisting you!
To get started, or to learn more about the LSI benefits, contact us today!