Life Styles Inventory™
Research and development by Robert A. Cooke, Ph.D. and J. Clayton Lafferty, Ph.D.
The Life Styles Inventory™ (LSI) is an individual development tool that uses both self-assessment and colleague feedback to identify employees’ thinking and behavioral styles. By providing insights into their strengths and areas for development, it empowers them to embark on their own journeys to being better at, and enjoying more, everything they do.
Designed for managers, leaders, and those in professional and technical roles, the LSI has already helped millions of people to understand and change the way they think and behave. It has also been referenced in numerous management and psychology books and journals, newspapers, and magazines.
How it works
The LSI has two parts:
- LSI 1 (self-description): The individual self-assesses his/her thinking styles, personal effectiveness, and satisfaction at work and home.
- LSI 2 (others’ descriptions): Up to 12 of the person’s peers, managers, and/or subordinates provide feedback on the individual’s behavior and effectiveness.
The results and any recommendations are then presented to the individual in a comprehensive, confidential report. A Human Synergistics consultant or accredited practitioner guides them through the findings and helps them to develop a strategy to change the way they think and therefore behave.
The LSI surveys are available online and on almost any digital device, as well as in hard copy.
The benefits for your organization
The LSI will help to get your team thinking and behaving to their full potential and contributing to your success as a business and an employer of choice. It’s particularly valuable for helping individuals to:
- discover new ways of thinking and behaving
- improve their effectiveness in their roles
- cope better with stress, pressure, and change
- achieve self-set goals
- apply more flexible and creative thinking
- improve their interpersonal relationships
- increase their personal effectiveness
Make the LSI part of your drive for change
The LSI is best applied by people who’ve been trained to use it. We offer two options:
- A trained and experienced Human Synergistics consultant can help you to use the LSI and implement the change you seek. Simply contact us to find a consultant who’s right for you.
- You can ‘do it yourself’ by arranging LSI accreditation for one or more of your team members. This will ensure they have the skills to administer the LSI and implement meaningful improvement strategies. To get started, register for an accreditation workshop.
If you would like to know more about the Life Styles Inventory™, or any of our wide range of assessments, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist you.